Persons wanting to register for this program must apply in person at the Transportation Training Centre, 55 Woodbine Downs Blvd., 2nd floor, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday. No appointment is necessary.
All interested applicants must fill out a suitability questionnaire. Applicants will be interviewed by a staff member to assess interest, motivation, knowledge of the industry, oral communication skills and job search to date. The suitability questionnaire will be utilized to assess written communication skills, technical background and interest.
- Applicants must hold a valid Class G licence and have a minimum of 12 months of verifiable Canadian driving experience with a Class G2/G (not a Class G1) licence
- Applicants must pass a written test to assess driving knowledge
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in operating a motor vehicle (car) equipped with a manual transmission
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of an Ontario Grade 10 literacy level
- Applicants must pass a Ministry of Transportation driver's medical and visual examination
- Applicants must obtain a classified licence learner's permit from the Ministry of Transportation
Note: This program is not recommended for persons that have driven less than 20,000 kilometres in the province of Ontario during the past 12 months. Having less than this experience may result in your inability to meet the course objectives.
If you require further information, contact the Transportation Training Centre at 416.798.0300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of this program includes the in-class and the in-vehicle training, the Z air brake course and course materials. The full fee is $8,250*. Tuition fees are payable by certified cheque, money order, Visa or MasterCard. Full fees are due no later than three weeks prior to the start date of a program.
*Published course fees are for the spring/summer 2014 semester. Course and program fees may be subject to change.
Refer to the individual course listings for information on the following courses.